In this week’s episode, Misbah Gedal joins me and tells us about Wakelet and all the different things you can do with it. Plus, some education news, this week’s treasure chest, and, of course, your question of the week.
News & Updates
- Dr. Miguel A. Cardona nominated for Secretary of Education
Treasure Chest: Hitting the Reset Button
Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.Buddha
- The beginning of second semester is a great time to reset and offer second chances
Boss Battle: Riding the Wakelet Wave with Misbah Gedal
- Curate content in a very visual way
- Help develop critical thinking skills
- Utilizing it in class
- Copy and paste into a collection
- Add videos, social media posts, podcasts, anything with a URL
- Some ideas for use
- Classroom newsletters
- Teaching & learning resources
- Top 10 lists
- Meet the Teacher/Meet the Student collections
- Book Discussions
- Integrations with other sites
- Google Classroom
- Microsoft Teams
- Embed in LMS platforms (Canvas, Schoology, etc.)
- Connect with Misbah online
Crew Members’ Board (#8BitCrew)
QOTW: What’s your experience with Wakelet? How do you like to use it? What are some of your favorite ways to use it?
Use #8BitCrew on Twitter, tag me @comicsocks, or post longer stories in the comments section here.
- Twitter: @comicsocks & #8BitCrew
- Web site
- Email: email@example.com
- Support the show on Patreon.
Check out my Google Classroom Udemy course.
Music by David Fesliyan (https://www.fesliyanstudios.com/)
- Intro/Outro: “Retro Platforming”
- Boss Battle: “Boss Battle Rock”
- Crew Member’s Board: “Pirate Dance”
- Wrap up: “Game Over” by Patrick de Arteaga
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links to products or services. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.