EP042 Reflections on a Crazy Year – The Educator's Quest
This week, we look at how failure can be beneficial in your classroom. A time-saving keyboard shortcut in the treasure chest. Plus, this week’s question of the week.
News & updates
- Nothing really going on this week
Treasure Chest: Duplicate
- Use Ctrl(Cmd)+D to duplicate objects in Google Slides and Google Drawings
Boss Battle: Failure IS an Option
- Failure is our greatest teacher
- Implement a growth mindset culture
- Utilize failure effectively in class
- Set up the culture and know that it is a process that will take time to adjust to
- Alleviate this stress of “perfection”
- Don’t tie “failure” into grades
- Get students to stop and reflect on their learning
- Use failure to challenge students more and enable them to take more risks in their work
Crew Members’ Board (#8BitCrew)
QOTW: How are you implementing failure and error in class to help your students learn?
Use the #8BitCrew on Twitter or post longer stories in the comments section here.
- Twitter: @comicsocks & #8BitCrew
- Web site
- Email: email@example.com
- Support the show on Patreon.
Check out my Google Classroom Udemy course.
Music by David Fesliyan (https://www.fesliyanstudios.com/)
- Intro/Outro: “Retro Platforming”
- Boss Battle: “Boss Battle Rock”
- Crew Member’s Board: “Pirate Dance”
- Wrap up: “Game Over” by Patrick de Arteaga
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links to products or services. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.