EP042 Reflections on a Crazy Year – The Educator's Quest
It's the final episode of the first season! I do some reflecting on this past year and the things I've learned as well as things that will hopefully continue on after things go back to "normal".
This week, Yu-kai Chou joins me and explains key principles in gamification that we can utilize in the classroom. A couple of updates from Google. Plus, a Chrome tip from the treasure chest. And as always, your 8-Bit Crew question of the week.
News & Updates
Treasure Chest: Using Gradients
- Gradients add a nice aesthetic to presentations rather than using solid colors
Boss Battle: Gamification with Yu-kai Chou
- Learn about the 8 Core Drives of Yu-kai’s Octalysis Framework
- Connect with Yu-kai
- Twitter: @yukaichou
- Web site: https://yukaichou.com/
- Yu-kai’s book, Actionable Gamification: Beyond Points, Badges, and Leaderboards; find it here.
Crew Members’ Board (#8BitCrew)
QOTW: How can you add gamification principles to what you’re already doing in class?
Use the #8BitCrew on Twitter or post longer stories in the comments section here.
- Twitter: @comicsocks & #8BitCrew
- Web site
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the show on Patreon.
Check out my Google Classroom Udemy course.
Music by David Fesliyan (https://www.fesliyanstudios.com/)
- Intro/Outro: “Retro Platforming”
- Boss Battle: “Boss Battle Rock”
- Crew Member’s Board: “Pirate Dance”
- Wrap up: “Game Over” by Patrick de Arteaga
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links to products or services. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.